It’s February, and the snow has just started to accumulate in the Chicago area. I’m spending a ton of time indoors and am determined to meet all of my writer goals this year. So, when I “heard” two of my favorite writer people blogging about a Winter Writer Recharge, I had to see what it was all about. It only took a little digging around before I decided it is just what I need to keep me focused this February. So here we go…
Once again hosted by Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Sara Biren, Writer Recharge is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers.
This year, the hosts have come up with a few categories you might want to consider when making your goals. You can choose a goal (or goals) for one or some or all:
- WRITE/REVISE – Choose writing goals for the month.
- READ/REREAD – Read a book that’s been on your TBR forever or reread something that had a great impact on you.
- STRETCH – Do something outside your comfort zone, from reading a genre you typically avoid to trying a new food or rock climbing when you’re afraid of heights – that kind of thing.
- SELF – Do something good for your mind or your body.
- CONNECT – Find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. Make a connection, via social media or in person. Initiate twitter writing parties, have a real-life write-in with writers in your town, or offer to critique or beta read someone’s work.
- FUN – Make a goal to do something super fun and exciting that you can look forward to
How Writer Recharge works:
- First week of February: Post your goals for the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #WriterRecharge. Link your blog post on Sara’s post.
- Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts on our Monday posts.
- Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!
- Friday, February 27: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.
- Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win a fabulous prize package at the end of the month.
Those are the details, now here are all of my goals for February 2015. They may be hefty, but I am so determined this year it’s actually scary. Scary in all the good ways it possibly can be.
My Recharge Goals:
- WRITE/REVISE – I have a little under 20,000 words to write in order to finish my WIP. So that is my goal. The way I see it, if I aim for 5,000 words a week I should be able to meet this goal. That’s less than 1,000 words a day. If I write EVERY DAY, I can totally do that. Right? Right.
- READ – Anyone who knows me knows I’m a super slow reader. For the month of February I am setting a goal of completing one book, THE VIOLET HOUR by Whitney A. Miller, and start a second. Also, I’ll make time to read anything any of my lovely crit partners send me.
- SELF/FUN – This one I am so excited about that I can actually count it as my fun thing too. I recently found a studio to start practicing Pilates at again, so my goal is to attend at least one Pilates class/training a week and to continue my normal yoga and cardio routines. The goal is to do something physical at least 4 days every week.
- CONNECT – To get back on my blogging, both with this new site and my book review/baking site Delectablereads.com. My goal is to post weekly updates here, and a least two new posts on my other site.
Those are my major goals and they should keep me plenty busy this month!